Preventing Fraud and Arson
We depend on you
Fraudulent insurance claims and arson not only cost our nation billions of dollars each year, they take countless lives. We call on you to help prevent fraud and arson in your neighborhood.
What is fraud?
Insurance fraud is one of the largest economic crimes in the United States. Fraud affects all areas of insurance and includes:
- Claims for theft that never happened
- Inflated or padded claims
- Misreporting or omitting information about an accident
- Inflated prices from supplier
- Staged accidents
By working together as partners, we can make a difference in fighting fraud and arson. Here’s how you can help:
If you suspect fraud or arson, report it to local law enforcement. Next, call your insurance agent or company or the state insurance department. Anyone can call Grinnell Mutual's Fraud and Compliance hotline at 855-GMRCFRAUD (855-467-2372). Our Fraud and Arson Award Program provides up to $10,000 for providing timely and credible information about a fraudulent or criminal loss to persons or property insured by Grinnell Mutual or its affiliated farm mutuals. It’s our way of saying thank you for doing the right thing.
- Light building exteriors and entrances
- Use properly installed deadbolt locks on exterior doors
- If you notice suspicious activity, notify the police immediately
- Board up vacant or abandoned buildings
- Promote neighborhood watches and keep an eye out for problems in your neighborhood