Renters insurance

Just because you don’t own the space you live in doesn’t mean you don’t want protection for the things you do own — things with memories, things you can’t live without, things you love.

Hold up. Doesn’t my landlord carry insurance?

Yes, your landlord carries insurance — at least, we hope they do!

However, your landlord’s insurance policy probably doesn’t cover losses to your personal property, cover you against liability claims, or pay for the cost of a place to stay while your apartment is renovated.

You need to purchase a separate renters insurance policy to protect yourself against these kinds of losses — losses that could cost you more than you think.

Renters insurance coverages by Grinnell Mutual’s and our Grinnell Mutual member insurance companies include:

  • Personal property
  • Additional living expenses
  • Personal liability (bodily injury, property damage, damage to others’ property, and medical payments to others)
  • Personal injury

Find an agent

Identity theft assistance

Identity theft assistance is included with your renters insurance policy.

Because some of what’s most important to you — your privacy and your good name — deserves protection, too. That’s why Grinnell Mutual has partnered with CyberScout®.

If your identity is compromised, an expert fraud specialist at CyberScout will walk you through the process of resolving the issues, step by step, free of charge.

Learn more about CyberScout services

Own your home?

Owning a home is a big responsibility. From making the mortgage payment each month to ongoing maintenance and renovations, being a homeowner can cause the occasional sleepless night. Grinnell Mutual and our Grinnell Mutual members believe in protecting your investment (and your sleep) with our flexible Home-Guard® insurance, which combines property and personal liability coverage with added options, like additional living expenses.

Learn about home coverages Find an agent

Not all coverages and discounts are available in all states.